Thursday 18 June 2009

Audio Books

Recently, I started recording audio books for Librivox.org I have recorded two complete solo works, and done several chapters of a collaborative work. I am also working on a third solo. Librivox is a project that brings public domain books (which means it was written more than 70 years ago) onto audio in order that people can enjoy them. I record using Audacity - I think that most of the readers on Librivox use that, as it is free and easy.

You can find my finished works by clicking on the links below

Penrod By Booth Tarkington
Penrod and Sam By Booth Tarkington

When I have finished the other book, Which, ironically, is also by Booth Tarkington...I will post a link to it, and the collaborative work...also by Tarkington...will also get a link.

These two books were written in 1914 and 1916, less than slightly more than 50 years after abolition. Some of the views expressed by the author regarding people of colour in no way reflect my, the recorder's, views. I, however did not deviate from the text, so there are some words used, such as nigger, that I would never, ever use in day to day conversation. Other than that, there is nothing to offend in either book. You might wet yourself laughing though. I nearly did a few times.

1 comment:

  1. You did such a fantastic job on those books! I have copies that my grandparents received as gifts when they were first published, and they're not nearly as funny to read as to hear read by you. Your rendition of the characters is SOOOO good. I am in the middle of Penrod and Sam now, and I'm going to be sorry when it's over.
    -Margie
    (Margaret on Librivox)

    ReplyDelete