Friday 4 January 2013

Class of 1984 reunion...on a smallish scale

So tonight finds my dad and me in Barstow, California.  We are staying in a motel on Route 66.  Of course it isn't called that anymore, but it is the old Mother Road of Cars, Get your kicks, and Route 66 fame.

It has been a day of firsts for me.  I ate my first ever In N Out burger today.  It is streets ahead of anything McDonald's or Hungry Jack's puts out.  And today is the first time I am aware of having driven on Route 66. (Whee!)

Tonight I had dinner with two old friends from High School, Craig Nystrom and Rick Efting.  We had lots of laughs and reminiscing of good times and bad times at school.  I haven't seen Rick since 1992 and Craig since 1984.  It seemed like after a few minutes of warming up the conversation that we were just like old times, only with the 'wisdom' that comes from marriage, parenthood, and growing up to make us see things from a totally different Paradigm.  We must have sat at the restaurant for three hours.  We even had to sing happy birthday to Amber at a nearby table. Then we discovered that one of the other girls at the table had been Rick's student not too many years ago.  Small world.

Short post tonight.  Very tired and thinking I might get a good nights sleep tonight.  More to come.

God Bless,

Jonathan


Left to right...Rick, Jonathan, Craig.

No comments:

Post a Comment