Wednesday 15 July 2009

Oscar

Well, it has been 8 days since my last update on Oscar the Foster. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that Oscar is thriving. He drinks a 250 ml (1 Cup) baby bottle in about 30 seconds. Then he drinks another. First thing in the morning he drinks another half bottle. He is gaining weight exponentially and shows no sign of stopping. He had two doses of anti-biotics, and although at the start of the weekend things were looking grim, it seems that God wants our little lambie to hang around for just a little longer.

Now the bad news. All this food has to go somewhere. Unfortunately a good deal of it ends up on our floors. Fortunately they are cork tiles and very easy to clean. The trade off from this gorgeous little lost lamb not dying is that he has turned into a pooping and weeing machine. In fact he is peeing right now...Fortunately it is on a tarp. That I just brought in to make his bed on. I am sitting in another room and I could hear this pulsating noise. I thought my wife was giving him another bottle. No...he is having a slash. So I just cleaned that up...interestingly, as long as it took him to go there was only about a six inch puddle on the tarp. I just gave him two bottles. He guzzled one that was 250 ml in about 1:30. Amazing. I have posted a video of this last feeding session. Pay particular attention to his tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment