Friday 19 June 2009

Slot Car Racing

Yesterday I took my kids to a local slot car track. It was a Scalextric track that was probably about 200 feet in circumference. So now they want their own scalextric cars...NOW. My daughter was asking me how much money was in her account because she wanted to buy her own car right then and there. I told her that we could look on ebay and in the Quokka, and in the Sunday Times Reader's Mart, because certainly we can find a car that would be, if not cheaper, at least better quality at a reasonable price. HAHA. Try explaining that to a ten year old. Anyway, we have set up our Tonka slot car set. This is a cheap and nasty one we bought for Christmas a couple of years ago that is the most fiddly thing to set up that was ever invented. And the cars want to fly off on every turn....But they are having a ball with it. Oh where oh where did my Aurora AFX and Tyco slotless car racing sets from yesteryear go? Anyway, looking for a good set to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment